Sunday, May 22, 2011

{I made it safely and trying to fit in}

Well I made it to be the concrete jungle safely and survived my 1st week at Vicente Wolf. I have started a design blog to help with my inspiration and my memoirs of working here in NYC so if you want the nitty gritty of it go {HERE} Ill try to keep both my personal and design blog updated for the 2 readers (my sisters) updated.

I have decided 2 things while being here a week. Living here and visiting here are 2 different experiences, and I would rather just visit. I know it has only been one week, but you learn a lot in a week, especially about yourself.

I love the city and I always thought I could live here for a couple of years, but I really don't think I could. The mood and feel of the city (work wise) is not what I expected and I do not really like it. I miss the friendly conversations, sincerity, and just down right niceness that I have grown up with, even visiting other states I still get that feel, but not here.

Still love the city and all the amazing things I have and will see while I am here, but as far as long term, no I don't think I will make this a permanent residence anytime in the future.

I think I am cut out for more open spaces, fresh air and friendly people. I miss my mountains and fresh air. I miss being able to see the stars at night and lying on the grass with out a MILLION other people surrounding me. I miss quite time.

But I do LOVE all the museums, shops, historical sites, broadways, ballets, and the nightlife of this city. I love the excitement that I am living here and the memories that I will take back from this and be able to tell my family and friends.

Soooooo 1 week down 5 more to go {oh yeah, I am only staying 6 weeks now, sooooo much more expensive than I was anticipating and I need to save for school in the fall}

This weeks adventures: the MoMa, Brooklyn botanical gardens,ICFF vender parties and a rad hotel called the Mondrian in SoHo and a few other tid bits























p.s ill post pics of the apt. and living situation soon

4 comments:

Karla Christiansen said...

Yay! I was so excited to see you had updated cause I am blogging this weekend. I almost joined facebook for you, but you saved me from devoting more time to the computer so thank you!

I like that you don't want to move to NYC permanently. It's too far! But how great to get a little taste and see all the sights. So looking forward to seeing the apartment pics and design stuff!

The Millers said...

umm Kim...I read your blog too!!! Glad you are liking it but not loving it...we need to keep your good fashion sense in Cache Valley.

Karen said...

Love it!! Keep up the posts!!

Kami and Joe said...

I read your blog Kim and I must say I wish you would update more often! :) Especially now that you are off living an exotic life in New York! I visited there once but only for a day and a half so please post often so I can live vicariously through your experiences! :)