Friday, September 4, 2009

{Ikea that was nice....sort of}


Yes Yes Yes.
the MOTHER ship did call me
home once again, and it was delightful.


um thats not enough enthusiasm for IKEA.
lets try that again...

yes yes, that is so much better.
{P.S. this is my fav pic of the year}
{Cecil don't be mad}



It was Leah's 1st time
{I know....IKEA virgin}
I broke her in gently... kinda
the look that I frequently got from her that day.
{Cecil don't me mad}
{default face right?}
I tried to be gentle, but I guess it was too much for her.
{I hear that is true about virgins}
{in more ways than 1}
{I can't believe I just said that}
{Cox, Rose, Christiansen, or any other family member... don't be mad}

We walked away {or hauled away is more like it}
with many delightful and magical treasures.
{pics of the complete room soon}
and after we went to the IKEA cafe and grabbed some lunch
{all that for like 8 bucks!}
and I thought it was scrumptious:)
If I could have kissed IKEA I would have....

Then we thought we would hit fashion place for a little shopping
for school. {every girl needs new school clothes right?}
{Harris, don't be mad, but I did stop by MAC}
{but I didn't buy much I promise}
{Ill save that for you and me}




And then the worst happened
{well not the worst}
{just a freak accident}
{I just say that to dig at sami a little bit;)}

BTW this did happen a few weeks ago. I just didn't know how to
explain it. but I think I got it know soooooo.... here is goes

We are done for the day. all tuckered out. ready to get a frozen
yogurt and head home. I notice that my gum is old so as we are walking out of the doors of the mall and I notice a garbage can so I turn {my right, your left}to throw my gum out. little did I know that Sami decided not to follow me out, but to choose her own path {which Im proud of, she should choose her own path in life} she chose the ride side doors {remember, your left}{please keep up}. So as I turn right (your what?... right! left}{Im so proud} she happens to open up the right side doors at the same time and the edge of the corner of the door makes a pass at my foot and my foot {being its sweet and welcoming self} gets her ace kicked by the door. the door wanted to leave a mark on my foot apparently and did just that, not just any mark a 5 in. gash. yeah I know. OUCH!

So the next thing I know my foot starts spilling blood. BTW I guess when my foot made contact with the door my body kept going and hit door also. SMACK!{thats according to the record of Sami} ANYWAYS... so I go into shock mode, which apparently I giggle.. A LOT. I don't feel pain, I just see a lot of blood. So I ask Sami to go get me some tissues, so as the faithful niece to the old aunt she does what she is told {and maybe she felt a little obligated because she was involved also}{Sami, no hard feelings, it could have happened to anyone}

So There I am, standing in front of the mall, people walking in and out BTW and I don't know what to do at first. I look up for guidance from my fellow friends: LEAH and CECIL. But the only thing I see is Leah's face to white as a ghost {no joke} and Cecil about to loose her delicious lunch from IKEA {I know what a shame that would have been} they urge me to sit {No, 1st me and cecil urge leah to sit before she passes out} then they urge me to sit, but not before leah tells me to take off my shoe so it doesn't get ruined {forget about the foot bleeding to death, heaven forbid I ruin the shoe!!}{which I kinda agreed with, they are my favorite sandals:)} so I sit and blood is spilling out of my foot {serioulsy, like a fountain, a chocolate,no a cherry chocolate fountain} oh if you have a weak stomach you should stop reading now... so blood is just running out and I am just laughing about what just happened {again Im in shock and I giggle} and I just hear leah moaning and rocking back and forth with her head between her legs and cecil do this:

KIM {gag} oh my kim {gag}{gag}{gag} Im so {gag}{gag} I can't look {gag}{gag} what should we {gag}{gag} oh KIM {gag}{gag}{gag}{gag} what {gag}{gag}{gag} Im going to {gag}{gag}{gag} I can't stop {gag}{gag}{gag}{gag}{gag}{gag}

yeah right?! no help. {sorry girlies I love you more that life, but wow you were really no help} and then poor sami being inside this whole time trying to find me some kind a tissue comes outside with 5 napkins. yeah 5 napkins...... if you could have seen her face{cecil where were you on the camera there uh?} it was just priceless. she had no idea I was bleeding that much. It was so funny. I was laughing so hard {again still in shock}

Luckily a handsome, dashingly good looking knight in shining armor 1st responder comes walking past {ok he was an older married guy with a family} he sees my dilemma, my useless companions and saves my foot. he was so helpful and I am so grateful he walked by. he had this HUGE 1st aid kit and cleaned me up real well. he said I nicked a artery and thats why I was bleeding so badly.
{yeah I prob. should have went and had stitches}
{but remember how I am a poor college student}
{so I just rednecked rigged it}

Im fine. we made it home {with frozen yogurt}. my foots doing well. she is healing like a champ. and my companions are all doing well also.

MAN What a experience right? 1 def. to put down in the books to remember for LIFE.

But it was all worth it... because I got to go to IKEA:)

IKEA that was lovely.
WARNING: PICTURES CONTAINING A LOT, I MEAN A LOT OF BLOOD
NOT MENT TO BE SEEN BY THE WEAK OF STOMACH
{Cecil and Leah please stop here}
{I don't want any gagging or fating}
{Im not near to comfort you}



{you need to zoom in on this pic above and look at the massive pool of blood, its actually making a reflection...which mean its a pool, intense.}

this was a week of healing. she is doing well. and look at the wicked scar I will get!

4 comments:

Ashley and Zach Smart said...

Holy crap, Kim! That's a gash if I've ever seen one! I wish I would have been there to fix you back up! Blood doesn't bother me!

Nicole Lee said...

I just peed a little.

Amy K. Harris said...

First, I am mad that you went to MAC without me (okay...to be honest, I always go without you so I guess it's only fair). Second, that is a ton of blood. Are you sure you're okay? And third, I love Ikea.

Leah Re-Etta said...

"rocking back and forth and moaning?" Wow...a little exaggeration don't you think? haha! I wasn't THAT bad. :) Fun trip though! We always DO seem to have quite the adventures.